GENERAL: 5,00 €
Kids (7 – 12): 4,00 €
Group (> 15 pax:): 4,00 €
VISIT INCLUDED IN THE GUIDED VISIT TO ÚBEDA OF ARTIFICIS AND IN THE UBEDA AND BAEZA TOURIST BONUS
How to get?
C/ Roque Rojas,2 (esquima Las Parras)
23400 Úbeda (Jaén)
SOME DATA OF INTEREST:
– The Synagogue of the Water is a private space, it can only be visited in small groups and accompanied by an authorized heritage interpreter guide.
– Open every day, morning and afternoon.
– The visits last approximately 30 minutes.
– The Synagogue of the Water can only be visited with a guide in Spanish.
– We have informative brochures in English, French, German, Italian, and Braille (Spanish).
– Upon request, you can visit outside the established hours and/or you can take guided tours in other languages, consult: 953 75 81 50 / 655 55 33 40.
– Visits are made approximately every 45 minutes and occasionally on days of “high season” their frequency intensifies.
– Due to the fact that some of the spaces to visit are reduced, we recommend large groups to book their visit in advance.
– The visit for people with reduced mobility is complicated, because there are stairs to access almost all the rooms. Particularly complicated is the descent to the mikveh, since the irregular and steep original medieval staircase is used.
ARE YOU MANY PEOPLE?
WE OFFER YOU THE BEST OFFER FOR GROUPS.
ARE YOU A SCHOOL?
WE OFFER YOU THE BEST OFFER FOR SCHOOLS.
DO YOU WANT MORE?
WE ALSO CUSTOMIZE IT FOR YOU. PRIVATE VISITS.
The Synagogue of Water of Úbeda was discovered by chance by the businessman Fernando Crespo during a real estate project in what was previously a ladies’ hairdresser, to transform it into what would be tourist apartments for the city. But the walls of the old house, located in the heart of the old town of Úbeda, kept a treasure hidden for centuries: a Jewish Synagogue, which according to the first studies date back to the 14th. After the discover of various elements such as the arches of the Synagogue, the Women’s Gallery and the Ritual Bath (Mikveh) the initial project is discarded. It was in 2007 when the recovery works began which would end in 2010, the date on which La Sinagoga del Agua open its doors to the public.
Once we crossed the threshold of the door of this unprecedented enclave in the city, we introduced ourselves to an exciting journey to an earlier time to know first hand the Jewish customs settled in our town.
La Sinagoga del Agua is composed of six unique spaces that include the ritual bathing room of purification or Mikveh, a space dedicated to the ritual baths of purification so common in Jewish customs. Another of the spaces, which should be mentioned and which can be seen during the visit to the Water Synagogue, is the Women’s Gallery, a place occupied by women during ceremonies and rituals hidden behind lattices. The room “Del Inquisidor”, with the patio, cellar and ovens correspond to the dependencies that made up, in the middle ages, the possible house of the rabbi.
All this and much more you can enjoy exclusively with our Tourist Bonus, since no other includes the visit to this place, unprecedent space in Jaén.